A Toddler Mom's New Year's Resolutions

10:07 AM


This year, with 2016 looking to be very exciting for us, I feel like I want to make some resolutions, but I want to call them "goals & intentions".. it just feels more accurate. ;)  You never know what may happen when you have a toddler, not to mention adding a newborn to the mix in just a few short months! 

So here we go, some thoughts that have went through my head over the past weeks that I wouldn't mind improving upon:

Finish my damn coffee. I'm up most mornings at least 30 minutes before Aria wakes.. I just need to make sure I drink it in 15 of those, otherwise it is lost to the microwave for the rest of the day.

I will not let "Blue's Room" (ridiculous side-show of "Blue's Clues") be my toddler's go-to show anymore. We must find something else. Anything else. ... I just can't.

Stop eating the leftovers on my toddler's plate. I mean.. what am I doing munching on cold quesadilla anyway?

I will stop throwing temper tantrums not get so upset when my toddler throws a temper tantrum.

I promise to carve out more mommy-only time… even if that comes down to just going to the grocery store by myself.. I can spend an extra-long time looking at avocados can't I?

I will stop using the logic that "my toddler seem really hungry, and cheese has calcium" as an excuse to make quesadillas

I will get more massages. I suppose this relates to more mommy-only time from above.. but I swear I will be walking with a permanent lean to the left from the waist up if I don't.

I will stop letting the dogs clean up the trail of crumbs on the carpet and couch.. they are already fat enough. I just need to go get the vacuum and.. . nevermind. Let's be realistic - It's just easier to tap my foot at the crumbs.

I will stop hiding in the corner of the kitchen to eat all the delicious snacks.. actually, I just need to cut down on the delicious snacks. I'm not really supposed to be eating two portions of chocolate just because I'm pregnant..even if the baby wants chocolate.

I will find something to do with the 4000+ pictures on my phone and computer...

I promise to keep reminding myself that I am only human and raising tiny humans is hard work!


So here are my goals & intentions for the new year!  Seeing 2015 come to an end is bittersweet, but either way, this year is sure to be full of so many new memories, experiences, laughs, cries.. Cheers (with a tiny bit of pink champagne!) to a Happy New Year! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love everything about this!
    Although I think you should change mommy-only time to mommies-only time, so all of us mamas can get together more often! 😉

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.